Pickleball NB (PBNB) is committed to developing our sport within our youth community, beginning at elementary through grade 8 in our schools through to young adults.
PBNB has had some challenges the last few years with COVID as we could not rent any venues in the school. PBNB is working towards including youth players to the recreative and competitive play. PBNB is investing in coaching and giving clinics in schools upon request.
PBNB is presently looking for a director of coaching and youth to fullfill the demands. If you are interested contact us at:
Mr. Claude Côté, a member of Fredericton Pickleball Club has prepared videos to help the training of you (Available in French Only).
Here is the link to a series of video that were prepared by Markam in Motion with the Collaboration of Pickleball Ontario (English only)
Our vision moving forward includes:
1. Pickleball will be available throughout our school systems and PBNB volunteers will assist with implementation .
2. We will work with Pickleball Canada (PCO) and regional corporate sponsors to provide equipment to our schools through pilot program donations and special educational pricing.
3. We envision a separate membership class for our youth welcoming them to enjoy the benefits of PCO.
4. We will develop a program of competitiveness and tournaments similar to Tennis Canada allowing separation from adult programs and participation in open adult programs.
1. Establishing a network of volunteers around the province to help us with
implementing youth programs in schools/universities.
2. Volunteers to help us build open tournaments for all ages – bringing
together our top youth competing with our top Adult/Masters players.
3. Approaching our Regional Corporate entities and inviting them to sponsor
youth initiatives, as they do in hockey, soccer, and other sports.
If you want our youth to enjoy and join our sport please contact us as this position is currently open with our board.