Shediac Lobster Festival Open Pickleball Tournament – July 13 & 14
Bathurst Open Pickleball Tournament – end of September
Riverview Open Harvestfest Tournament, October
Saint John Open Money Pickleball Tournament- October
Dieppe Open Pickleball Tourney – November 9 & 10
Next Tournament/Prochain tournoi:
What: Shediac Lobster Festival open pickleball double tournament
Where: LJR High School, 435 Main Street, Shediac, NB and the outdoor courts, Victoria and Harper Streets, Shediac, NB
Facility: free parking, 4 courts at the 2 locations, locker rooms, washrooms, water fountains at LJR while there is only one port-a-potty at the outdoor courts
When: Saturday, July 13, 2019 from 9 to 5 & Sunday, July 14, 2019 from 9 to 5
Format: round robin in the morning, elimination round in the afternoon
Ball: orange Onix Fuse outdoor ball
Categories: there will be the following categories if a minimum of 4 teams for each category register (average age of the two partners)
Saturday – Division 1 Men 61 and over, Division 1 Men 60 and under, Division 2 men
Saturday – Division 1 Women 61 and over, Division 1 Women 60 and under, Division 2 women
Sunday – Division 1 Mixed 61 and over, Division 1 Mixed 60 and under, Division 2 Mixed
Cost: $25 per person for one category, $50 for 2 categories
Registration: names, e-mails, age of both partners and the desired categories to firstname.lastname@example.org or 532-5533
Code of Conduct
Through its scheduling of activities, Pickleball NB strives to meet the following key goals:
- Provide a safe environment for a health-related activity that provides a physical workout through an activity that promotes cardio exercises.
- Provides a fun-related activity that can be enjoyed by all skill levels.
- Provides a social-related activity to build friendships, camaraderie and fellowship.
- Provide developmental-related activity for those who wish to learn and improve.
- Provides a challenging activity for individuals who wish to compete at the highest level.
To achieve these key goals, it is imperative that the members, guest and tournament participants abide by a Code of Conduct during play. As such, the following guidelines shall be put in practice at all times during routine and tournament activities.
- Good sportsmanship shall always be on display.
- Be respectful of the skill levels of all players through positive reinforcement.
- Be respectful of others play by waiting for break to move across a court, not distracting your opponents during play, and warning when unsafe situations arise such as ball on court or player safety issues.
- Good-natured ribbing and taunts shall be limited in nature, with no ill-natured remarks.
- Ensure your guest is well informed of Club rules of play and Code of Conduct.
- Profanity, or any form of abuse, towards others is not permitted.
- Club and venue equipment is not to be abused, as well as handling of personal equipment (e.g. paddles) shall be used to ensure the safety of others at all times.
- Safe and proper attire including proper footwear and personal equipment shall be used at all times. This includes non-offensive logos, designs and phrases on attire and proper sneakers design for the court being used at the time.
- Impairment due to alcohol or other substances shall not be tolerated.
Failure to follow the full intent of this Conduct of Conduct will result in disciplinary action taken by the any NB Pickleball Club Executive. This disciplinary action can range from a simple discussion of the matter at hand, to a warning, suspension or revocation of a Pickleball New Brunswick membership.