2019 estimated dates for pickleball tournaments in NB
Riverview Open Maplefest Pickleball Tournament – April 6 & 7
Dieppe Open Pickleball Tournament – May 4 & 5
Fredericton Atlantic Open Pickleball Tournament – June 8 & 9
Shediac Lobster Festival Open Pickleball Tournament – July 13 & 14
Bathurst Open Pickleball Tournament – end of September
Riverview Open Harvestfest Tournament, October
Saint John Open Money Pickleball Tournament- October
Dieppe Open Pickleball Tourney – November 9 & 10
Nova Scotia Tournament:
“2nd Annual East Coast Pickleball Classic”
Where: Canada Games Center- Halifax Nova Scotia
When: May 4th and 5th 2019 from 12pm to 8pm (or 9pm)
What: men’s , women’s and mixed doubles( maybe singles)
Cost: $25.00 for 1 event and $35.00 for 2 or more events
Format: we are hoping to have multiple divisions based on age and /or level of play. This depends on who signs up. Guaranteed at least 5 games. Most likely round robin with a play off.
Courts- 4 with portable nets( less then last year but we have 2 days and much easier to organize)
Ball – Onix Fuse
There will be draw prizes
We cannot provide food but there is Subway on site
To register: email: Marita_winaut@hotmail.com
-Please provide partners name and partners email address
-Age of both people
-Level of play if you know 1.0 up to 2.5 /3.0 to 3.5 /or 4.0 up
– if interested in singles
Once you receive a confirmation email payment details will be provided with due date
Please spread the word to your clubs. We would love to see new tournament players as well.
Code of Conduct
Through its scheduling of activities, Pickleball NB strives to meet the following key goals:
- Provide a safe environment for a health-related activity that provides a physical workout through an activity that promotes cardio exercises.
- Provides a fun-related activity that can be enjoyed by all skill levels.
- Provides a social-related activity to build friendships, camaraderie and fellowship.
- Provide developmental-related activity for those who wish to learn and improve.
- Provides a challenging activity for individuals who wish to compete at the highest level.
To achieve these key goals, it is imperative that the members, guest and tournament participants abide by a Code of Conduct during play. As such, the following guidelines shall be put in practice at all times during Shediac Pickleball Club routine and tournament activities.
- Good sportsmanship shall always be on display.
- Be respectful of the skill levels of all players through positive reinforcement.
- Be respectful of others play by waiting for break to move across a court, not distracting your opponents during play, and warning when unsafe situations arise such as ball on court or player safety issues.
- Good-natured ribbing and taunts shall be limited in nature, with no ill-natured remarks.
- Ensure your guest is well informed of Club rules of play and Code of Conduct.
- Profanity, or any form of abuse, towards others is not permitted.
- Club and venue equipment is not to be abused, as well as handling of personal equipment (e.g. paddles) shall be used to ensure the safety of others at all times.
- Safe and proper attire including proper footwear and personal equipment shall be used at all times. This includes non-offensive logos, designs and phrases on attire and proper sneakers design for the court being used at the time.
- Impairment due to alcohol or other substances shall not be tolerated.
Failure to follow the full intent of this Conduct of Conduct will result in disciplinary action taken by the Shediac Pickleball Club Executive. This disciplinary action can range from a simple discussion of the matter at hand, to a warning, suspension or revocation of the Shediac Pickleball Club membership.